Can Dogs Drink Red Wine? (The Risks!)

No, dogs can’t drink red wine as it contains alcohol and grapes, both of which are highly toxic to dogs and can even be deadly.

Not only is the alcohol in the red wine bad for dogs, but so are the grapes that are often included in sangria.

Grapes can cause vomiting, diarrhea, lack of coordination, and tremors. The list of symptoms goes on depending on how many grapes are ingested by the dog.

Dogs should never be allowed to drink alcohol due to the high toxicity levels.

It can cause alcohol poisoning, leading to vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, loss of coordination, central nervous system depression, and even coma or death.

We recommend that you do not let your dog drink any type of wine. The dog will most likely become sick which could lead to an array of problems for the pet.

With the severe health risks associated with drinking, it is best to not let your dog drink anything that has alcohol or grapes as an ingredient.